Year 2 – Sapphire Class
In cycle 1, Sapphire class worked extremely hard to settle into Year 2.
We are hoping cycle 2 will be just as successful!
As it is such an important time for Year 2 with their SATs, we all know the importance of being in school on time every day to maximise our learning.
As doors open at 8:50am, we expect all children to be in class and ready for their learning at this time.
Children should be wearing the correct uniform attire at all times.
Homework is given out every Friday.
The homework folder will include:
- Spellings – 10 words to practice each work for our spelling test every Friday.
- Lined paper – to write a sentence for each spelling word
- Times table practise – to be practised each week for the Times Table Challenge.
- Maths homework – to be completed weekly
Please encourage your child to complete their homework carefully and neatly, ensuring that they work independently.
Homework needs to come back to school on a Wednesday in their blue homework folder.
Reading is such an important skill in your child’s development and we are aiming to listen to children read every day.
Children should read to you every night to develop their confidence, fluency and expression.
All children in Year 2 has been provided with their own school diary for their reading to be logged.
After listening to your child read, you will need to sign the dairy.
The diary and reading book need to come back to school every day. We will be checking to see if the diary has been completed.
PE lessons are on Wednesdays and Thursdays. We suggest that your child brings their kit in at the beginning of term and leaves it in school until the end of term to ensure that they do not forget it. Please refer back to the uniform letter to see the correct PE attire.
- How to find gold
By Viviane Schwarz
- Persuasive letter
- Non-fiction text
- The Dark
By Lemony Snicket
- Diary entry
- Living Things and Habitats
- Neil Armstrong and Tim Peake
Design and Technology:
- Computing Arts Presentation Skills
- Fundamentals of Movement – skills (Sports Coach)
- ‘Move With’ Physical Literacy – advanced
- What is a special place for Sikhs?
- A Mind to be Kind
- Music Feed Fest
Thank you for your support. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Teachers: Mrs. Woolley and Mrs. Salim
Teaching assistants: Mrs. Jackson and Mrs Anderton