At Brentnall our parents are very important to helping us to be the best school we can be!
We work very closely with parents and develop great relationships to ensure that they are fully involved with what is happening with the school.
These are some of the ways that we keep in contact with parent:
- Meet and Greet every morning and afternoon – every morning and afternoon there are staff on the front gate to meet and greet parents. Parents can speak to these staff if they have any concerns or are worried about something. Miss Carney, our Pastoral Care Manager, and our Learning Mentors, Miss Preston and Mrs Kelly are at the front gate every morning – parents often stop just to have a chat and share some of their thoughts about the school.
- Text messages – we send regular texts to inform parents about things that are happening in school, events and reminders as well as letting them know if something has changed at short notice. It is important that we have up to date contact details so if your number changes then please let the school office know so that we can update our records.
- Headteacher’s Update – this is a letter from the Headteacher that is sent out every Friday to inform parents of what has been happening in school that week and to share any key messages about things that will be happening soon.
- Weekly newsletter – this is sent out on a Friday to share key dates and events. It also shows which children have received the Headteacher’s Merit from each class as well as showing class attendance.
- School Website – we are working hard to keep our website up to date with current events and information. There is also a class ‘blog’ style page where teacher’s regularly update information about things that have been happening in their class that week.
We are always looking for more ways that we can improve our communication with parents. If you have any ideas or suggestions then please come into school and speak with Mr. Thompson who will be happy to hear about your ideas and suggestions!