At Brentnall our parents are very important to helping us to be the best school we can be!
We work very closely with parents and develop great relationships to ensure that they are fully involved with what is happening with the school.
These are some of the ways that we keep in contact with parent:
- Meet and Greet – Every morning and afternoon, staff are on the front gate to meet and greet parents. Parents can speak to these staff if they have any concerns or are worried about something.
- Text Messages – We send texts regularly to inform parents about things that are happening in school such as events and reminders and we also let you know if something has changed at short notice. It is important that we have up to date contact details so if your number changes then please let the school office know so that we can update our records.
- Newsletters – Our newsletter is sent out every Friday to inform parents of what has been happening in school that week and to share any key messages about things that will be happening soon.
- School Website – We are working hard to keep our website up to date with current events and information. There is also a class ‘blog’ style page where teacher’s regularly update information about things that have been happening in their class each teaching cycle.
- Twitter – Our school Twitter page @BrentnallCPS is updated to share all the fantastic activities that have happened in school. We also use this method to share up and coming events with our school community – why not follow us!
Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic we are unable to hold the events mentioned below but we do hope to do so again in the future.
- PACT (Parent and Child Together) Afternoons – We hold open afternoon for parents to come in to their child’s class once every half term, this allows parents to take part in their child’s learning and get a taste of the school day.
- Brentnall Family Group Sessions – We hold coffee afternoons to promote links between our families and the local community. The group is lead and promoted by the Pastoral Team, offering advice and support to families on issues such as parenting, self-esteem.
We are always looking for more ways that we can improve our communication with parents. If you have any ideas or suggestions then please come into school and speak with Mr. Thompson who will be happy to hear about your ideas and suggestions!