We have begun our new topics for Cycle 2, these are:
- History – Space
- Science – Animals including Humans
- Design and Technology – Creating Rockets
- Religious Education – Where is a special place for Sikhs?
We also have an exciting visit to look forward to, from the Wonderdome team!
During Cycle 2, we will be reading ‘The Owl who was Afraid of the Dark’ by Jill Tomlinson. We are ensuring a focus on reading at Brentnall, so that the children are confident, competent readers who enjoy reading for pleasure; In Year 2, we have daily ‘Time for Reading’ sessions, where the children develop reading and comprehension skills in a group, we read our class novel, daily, and we have 10 minutes of ‘Drop Everything and Read’ time after lunch, where the children can read their reading book, an exciting text or book from the classroom. Please ensure your child is reading every night, please comment, date and sign in your child’s Reading Record also.
Thank you for your continued support, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Miss Gilmore, Mrs Jackson, Mrs Roberts and Mrs Langowski
Cycle 1 Fun!
Year 2 have worked very hard and settled in to Year 2 well during Cycle 1. We have:
- Had a visit from Miss Morreal’s Albino Frogs
- Visited The Blue Planet aquarium
- Enjoyed our new Reading Bus
- Read at lunchtimes to our Book Worms
- Designed and created fruit kebabs
- Hosted an Afternoon Tea Party for the Queen
- Taken part in Boogie Bounce
- Enjoyed a Scootfit experience
- Performed our dance in assembly
As well as all of this fun, we have learnt lots!